Project #315 Stimson Avenue Improvements-
The City of Athens has awarded the Stimson Avenue Improvements Project construction contract to Trucco Construction Company, Incorporated.
The Stimson Avenue Improvements Project will reconstruct Stimson Avenue between State Street and Grant Street. The improvements include City-owned utility replacements (water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer), installation of decorative lighting, upgrading existing traffic signals, replacing curb and sidewalks, installing higher visibility cross walks, and replacing the existing roadway with a new concrete roadway.
The project will be managed in phases. During each phase, the Contractor will maintain residential, business, pedestrian, and emergency traffic.
· Pre-Phase 1 work is scheduled for fall, 2020. The work includes the installation of a section of sidewalk between Grant Street and the Stimson Roundabout, and water line installation on State Street, between Lash Street and Stimson Avenue.
During Pre-Phase 1 work, State Street may be reduced to one lane for up to 30 days, with a detour between Lash Street and Stimson Avenue.
· Phase 1 construction is expected to begin in February, 2021 and includes the construction of the north half of Stimson Avenue. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained.
During Phase 1, one lane of traffic will be maintained on Stimson Avenue in the westbound direction. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to East State Street. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the south-side of Stimson Avenue.
· Phase 2 construction is expected to begin once Phase 1 work is completed, and includes the construction of the south half of Stimson Avenue. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained.
During Phase 2, one lane of traffic will be maintained in the westbound direction, driving on the newly constructed street. Eastbound traffic will be detoured to East State Street. Pedestrian traffic will be detoured to the north-side of Stimson Avenue.
Roadway work is expected to be completed in October, 2021. The Contractor may continue working on final grading, seeding and mulching, and landscaping, between October, 2021 and May, 2022.
As part of this project, Trucco Construction Company, Incorporated will be employing a Community Liaison to assist with Maintenance of Traffic, coordination of driveway work, and utility work.
The project also includes relocation of utilities along Stimson Avenue:
· American Electric Power (AEP) is expecting to begin relocating facilities fall/winter, 2020.
· Frontier, Horizon, and Spectrum cable will be converting from overhead service to underground service, and their relocation efforts will be completed as part of the City’s construction project, except for those portions of the service from the right of way to the building.
· Columbia Gas will be upgrading their underground gas line and expect to begin their utility work in the fall of 2020. The gas line work is expected to be completed by spring, 2021.https://www.ci.athens.oh.us/DocumentCenter/View/4727/Stimson-Avenue-Project_Preferred-Alternative
Project #296 NW Athens Bikeway Spur Phase 3 –
This project includes the third phase of the NW Athens Bikeway Spur Project: Armitage Road to University Estates Boulevard. Allard Excavation, LLC is the Contractor for the project. Construction of the project will resume in March, 2020 and is expected to be completed in fall, 2020.
Project #311 Richland Avenue Pedestrian Improvements -