Nominate Your Favorite Superhero for the Athena Award
Do you know a local Wonder Woman?
Or maybe you have a passing acquaintance with Superman.
The City of Athens is seeking names of local heroes who have have worked tirelessly to improve the quality of life for our neighbors with disabilities. If you know of someone, please nominate them for the annual Athena Award, which will be presented by the mayor this fall.
These heroes don’t need a Lasso of Truth, X-ray vision or superhuman strength. To win the Athena Award, a nominee should possesses any or all of the following super traits:
· Improves the quality of life for individuals with disabilities
· Advocates for issues pertaining to individuals with disabilities
· Volunteers to have a positive impact on individuals with disabilities
· Develops new programs or services assisting individuals with disabilities
· Offers customer service to individuals with disabilities that is above and beyond the standard
· Demonstrates innovation or entrepreneurship that has a positive impact on individuals with disabilities
Nominations for the third annual Athena Award will be accepted through July 15, 2017. To nominate someone who deserves this honor, download the nomination form from the City of Athens website (www.ci.athens.oh.us) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail it to Athens City Hall, 8 E. Washington, Athens 45701. If you need a hard copy of the nomination form, call the Mayor’s office, 740.592.3338.
The Athena Award will be presented on Thursday, Sept. 14 during the Disability Speaks event at the Athens Community Center, 701 E. State St. Disability Speaks is the final event of the eighth annual “Challenged by Choice.”
If you have questions, contact David McNelly (email@example.com) 740-592-6006 ext. 241.